Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Electrical and Electronic Engineering is concerned with the design, research, development, planning, manufacture and management of systems and devices relying on electricity and light to transmit data and power which underpin modern economies and contribute to the quality of human life. Many of these devices rely on the use of new information and computer-intensive technologies. An Electrical Engineer may be responsible for research, design, manufacture and operation of communication systems, satellite, microwave, optical, telecommunications, broadcasting, radio and television, solar energy conversion, electric power generation, transmission and distribution, computer networks, microprocessors, instrumentation andconsumer devices, automatic control systems and robotics, electronic and integrated circuits, image processing systems, electrical machines, electromechanical equipment, biomedical engineering and many more areas.
TEC provides country’s most advanced laboratories with cutting-edge technologies to cope up with the modern challenges in the field of Circuits, Electronics and Devices, Power Engineering, Computers and Communication Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
- Engage in design of systems, tools and applications in the field of electrical and electronic engineering and allied engineering domains
- Apply the knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering to solve problems of social relevance, and pursue higher education and research.
- Work effectively in a team, carry out multidisciplinary projects, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement, and adapt to changing professional and societal needs.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve the electrical & electronic engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate and solve power & energy system problems.
- Design and conduct experiments on analog and digital electronic systems to analyze and interpret data.
- Apply the principles of electrical circuits and machines for testing and analysis.
- Design control systems as per needs and specifications, analysis of power electronics systems.
- Model and simulate electrical signals and systems using modern engineering tools.
- Practice professional ethics and engage in life-long learning.
- Communicate effectively and work in a team to achieve project objectives with financial considerations.
- Recognize professional and personal responsibility towards the environment & community.
- Best-in-class infrastructure and faculty profile.
- Curriculum is designed to facilitate students in pursuing higher education in Bangladesh and abroad.
- Strong industry interface with leading companies across the country.
- Placements offered by various core companies.
- Active participation in consultancy, testing and research work.
Degree offered with duration:
Four years program, B.Sc. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering), two semesters per year. Total course credits: 160 credits.
- Circuit Lab-1
- Circuit Lab-2 (DC)
- Electronics Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Project Lab
- VLSI & DSP Lab
- Simulation Lab
- Control Lab
- Machine Lab
- Power System
- Switchgear & Protective Relays Lab
- Microwave & Optical Communication Lab
- Digital & Microprocessor Lab.
The students at EEE are always encouraged to participate in various co-curricular activities. These activities are usually managed through one of the following student’s organizations, clubs and forums under EEE.
- IEEE Student Branch at TEC
- ACM Problem-solver Community