Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Message from Head of The Department
Our Undergraduate program is affiliated by University of Rajshahi, second largest university in Bangladesh. The university is ranked third on the Bangladesh University Ranking 2017. The department of EEE (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) is nationally and internationally recognized by its contribution to different fields of Electrical & Electronic Engineering. The graduates of this department have gone on to a variety of positions in industry such as Siemens Bangladesh, Ericsson, Grameen Phone, Robi, Banglalink, Airtel, Government services, PGCB, NESCO, REB, Ashuganj Power Station Company Ltd (APSCL), Coal Power Generation Company Bangladesh Limited (CPGCBL), Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh (EGCB), Dhaka Electric Supply Company Limited (DESCO), Dhaka Power Distribution Company Limited (DPDC), North West Power Generation Company Limited (NWPGCL), North West Zone Power Distribution Company Limited (NWZPDCL), and West Zone Power Distribution Company Limited (WZPDCL). BEPZA, BGCL, PDB, NWPCL, BADC, BAPX, BCIC, CPGCL, WASA, GTCL, PGCL, Petro Bangla and many more privet sectors.
At present we have total 6 experienced teachers and 2 Lab Assistants of the department together with a few part time teachers. Part time teachers are mostly the senior teachers of RUET (Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology) and RU (Rajshahi University).
We are currently enriched with the following labs, Electrical Machine Lab, Electrical Circuit Lab, Electronics Lab, Simulation Lab, Micro-processor Lab and recently we are very pleased to add a completely new Communication Lab.
We have a big library room for study both for teachers and students. For EEE department there are 749 books of 86 distinct items as well as enormous Bangla and English Literature Books.
Recently we have started Guide Teacher Systems for monitoring every student’s performance in class and class test along with lab performance so that we can find out weak students to provide motivation and extra care for them to improve their performance.
Objectives of EEE Programme are:
- To produce technically qualified Electrical and Electronics Engineers with the potential to become leaders of Electrical and Electronic Industries
- To produce Electrical and Electronics Engineers who are committed to sustainable development of Electrical and Electronic industries for the betterment of society and nation.
The courses on Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering abbreviated as B.Sc. Engg. (EEE) programme at University of Rajshahi are designed to emphasize on a strong foundation in physics, mathematics, and chemistry, followed by a thorough coverage of basic electrical and electronic engineering courses such as circuit theory, analogue electronics, digital electronics, microprocessor, as well as signal and systems. At higher levels, students are exposed to data and computer networking, digital signal processing, VLSI system design, control theory, communication systems, and power electronics so that they are
- Able to acquire and apply knowledge of mathematics, basic science and engineering fundamentals to solve complex electrical and electronic engineering problems.
- Able to undertake complex electrical and electronic engineering problem identification, formulation and solution synthesis using fundamental knowledge, techniques and analytical skills to reach substantiated conclusions in complex engineering practice.
- Able to utilize system or subsystems approach to solve complex electrical and electronic engineering problem with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Able to investigate and solve complex problems using research knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusion in complex electrical and electronic engineering problems.
- Able to apply and synthesize, using techniques, skill and modern scientific ICT and/or engineering tools necessary for complex electrical and electronic engineering practice with an understanding of the limitations.
- Able to apply reasoning based on contextual knowledge in professional engineering practice to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Able to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Able to function effectively as an individual and in groups with the capacity to be a leader or member in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Able to recognize the need to undertake independent and life-long learning in continual technological development.
- Able to apply knowledge of engineering, business acumen, management principles and entrepreneurship in multidisciplinary environments as a member and leader in a team.
The courses designed for Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering B.Sc. Engg. (EEE) consist of 4000 marks of 160 credits distributed over eight semesters in four academic years. Each academic year is divided into two semesters (Odd and Even) each of duration not less than 11 weeks (66 working days). There shall be final examinations at the end of each semester. The medium of answer in all examinations will be either Bangla or English, but not the mixer of both.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME
- Duration of Course and Course Structure (Ref. Academic Ordinance Faculty of Engineering
The B. Sc. Engg. programmes shall extend over a period of four academic years, each of a normal duration of one calendar year, divided into 2 Semesters.
The curricula of the B. Sc. Engg. Degree in the different departments shall be proposed by the Committee of Courses and approved by the Syndicate on the recommendation of the Academic Council.
The Committee of Courses shall review the curricula at least once in every Academic Year and recommend changes and revision, if any, to the Faculty, and then the Faculty will recommend to the Academic Council
Contact Hours/week: The total contact hours for the regular students including lecture, tutorial and laboratory shall be between 24 – 42 periods per week, each period being 40 to 60 minutes in duration.
Course Adviser: In each degree-awarding department, one of the teachers nominated by the Academic Committee shall act as Course Advisor for each academic year.
2. The Grading System
2.1 The letter grade system shall be used to assess the performance of the students as shown in the following Table: Table-1 Grading System
Letter Grade (LG)
Grade Point (GP)
80% or above
75% to less than 80%
70% to less than 75%
65 to less than 70%
60% to less than 65%
55% to less than 60%
50 to less than 55%
45% to less than 50%
40 to less than 45%
less than 40%
Absence of a candidate in an examination of a course in which he/she ought to have been present will be considered as if the candidate obtained zero marks (‘F’ grade) in that course.
3. Publication of Results
Award of degree: In order to qualify for the B.Sc. Engg. degree, a student must have to earn minimum 150 credits and a minimum CGPA of 2.25 within a maximum of six academic years. The result will be published in accordance with merit.
Honours: Candidates for Bachelor degree in engineering will be awarded the degree with Honours if their earned credit is 160 and CGPA is 3.75 or higher.
Result Improvement: A candidate obtaining B.Sc. Engg. within 4 or 5 academic years shall be allowed to improve his/her result, of maximum of 10 credit points (courses less than ‘B’ grade) of the Part-IV theoretical courses in the immediate next regular examination after publication of his/her result. No improvement shall be allowed for laboratory examinations and Board Viva-voce. If a candidate fails to improve CGPA with the block of new GP in total, the previous results shall remain valid.
Readmission and Course Exemption: If a student fails to obtain the degree within 4 or 5 academic year, he/she will be readmitted in Part-4 and will appear for the exam according to the clause 15.6. Course exemption rules will also be valid according to clause 15.7.
Dean’s List: As a recognition of excellent performance, the names of students obtaining a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or above in two regular semesters in each academic year may be published in the Dean’s List in the faculty. Students who have received an ‘F’ grade in any course during any of the two regular semesters will not be considered for Dean’s List in that year.
Recording of Result: The transcripts in English will show the course designation, course title, credit, letter grade, grade point of individual courses, YGPA of each year, and finally, CGPA.
4. Course Fee
Name of Program
Course Fee (Per Semester)
At a Time Library, Lab Fee & other student activities
B.Sc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Total Credit=160 Per Credit=2,000/-
Grand Total: 3, 46,000/- + Rajshahi University Examination Fees (As per University Rules)
5. Financial benefits
Tuition waivers and scholarship are available in different categories.
Special waiver with prerogative intervention by authorities & life members of TMSS.
Special waiver quota for Children and Grandchildren of freedom fighters.